Mahou Shoujo, Inc
This setting is based heavily off of Princess: The Hopeful. As such, here are the differences and things to note when creating a PtH character for playing in a MSInc game:
- The Dreamlands do not exist. The Light of Hope comes from a human soul, and there is no rhyme or reason – choice for it seems to be random, but it tends to Spark in those who tends towards the more determined and strong-willed of humanity. It doesn’t exclusively do that, though.
- Anything involving the Dreamlands doesn’t exist, so visiting it is out of the question.
- Callings remain as they are.
- Queens are gone. Invocations remain, given their core aspect of the game, and their names are the same. Each company has a favored Invocation, much like how the Queens do. Their matches can be found below:
- Clubs (Legno) – Green Dream, Ring Coalition
- Diamonds (Acqua) – Diamond Minds, Power of Babel
- Hearts (Terra) – Noblesse Oblige, Tumblr Saviors
- Spades (Aria) – Aces And Eights, Zero Degrees
- Swords (Fuoco) – Savior’s Grace, Wandering Knights
- Storms (Tempesta) – Deep Tracks, Black Wind
- Mirrors (Specchio) – Radiance Within
- Tears (Lacrima) – Soulbound
- No queen – Wild Card
- There is a mechanical difference between Freelance and Royal Suit affiliation at the start.
- Those Saviors starting in a Royal Suit gain two dots of Resources, one dot of Status (Relevant Corporation), one dot of Fame, and one dot of Empty Hands or Kensai or Levinbolt for free. However, certain merits, skills, or character options may be off limits at creation depending on the whims of your corporation, and you may be called out or restricted based on your actions.
- Those Saviors starting in a Freelance suit, including Wild Cards, gain one dot of Status (Relevant Organization), one dot of Circle, and 3 EXP to spend on whatever they like for free. In addition, the Princess starts with six dots in Charms as opposed to the usual five.
- Darkspawn are called Dreamspawn. The Dark World is known as the Shadowlands. Taint rules are the same.
- Blossoming is called a Spark. Inner Light is pretty much the Light of Hope.
- There’s a lot more unknown in general in MSInc. Why us? What is the Light of Hope? Where did we come from? Why was the first the first? Why are we still around? Since there are no Queens to answer the questions, and no Hunter-like Heralds to continue to bother humanity, they’re startlingly short on answers.